Wednesday Push – Moving Forward
Going through a divorce or break-up can be tough. The journey toward healing is a day to day process. Take things one day at a time. When you live in the moment, you are not depressed about your past or worried about your future.
Tony Robbins said that babies take a while to learn to walk and we are patient with our babies through this process. We do not tell our babies to stop trying because they keep falling down. So, be patient with yourself on this new journey. Take time to rediscover who you are and what you want out of life. It is important to keep moving forward and do not look back with regrets.
Below is a list of questions that you can answer in your journal. These questions are based on things that have helped me to move forward and to heal.
- What do you want to change in your life?
- What actions will you take to make these changes?
- Where do you want to live?
- What is your passion?
- What are your hobbies or what hobbies are you interested in?
- You cannot control the outside world, you can only control yourself. What can you do to create a peaceful environment for yourself and your children despite what goes on around you?
- List a few people who inspire you. Read their biographies. Have they experienced setback or failures? How did they overcome their situation? Did the person give up?
- What promises can you make to yourself on this journey? Began each sentence with “I will.”
Promises to Myself
No matter what happens, I will continue to move forward. I am capable of creating the life that I desire. I will reevaluate my goals but I will never give up. I will remain openminded to new opportunities that may come along. I will put my needs and\or wants first. I will work to love myself and to be kind to myself daily.
Mantra for when you feel doubt, worry, or stress:
All good things come to me.
Just keep breathing.
Wishing you healing & love.